Wednesday, December 13, 2006

missing the point.....

Today is wednesday. I woke up to a very ideal climate. Sunny but cool, windless morning and our yard is clean from leaves that`s usually scattered around the house making everything in a mess. Sana laging ganito. Just the other day, was another stormy day while we drove dave to clark air base to catch his flight to Singapore. I prayed he would have a safe trip. Once more, i plead the blood of Jesus over my son. We were in a signal number 2, i didn`t bother to know the name of the typhoon anymore........Yong nakaraan ay grabe ang pinsala na iniwan sa Bicol province. Sunod sunod na silang dumadating and it just drive me nuts knowing that everytime they come, many lives, houses, and even barrios and some barangays are erased from where they usually are situated. As of this writings, people from devastated places are suffering in evacuation centers, without food, clothes, cold and sick. I can`t fully comprehend why these things had to happen to some people? Why pain and sufferings to some......... at kadalasan sa mga mahihirap pa? Bakit hindi doon sa mga mayayabang na mayayaman na walang ibang ginawa kundi manloko ng kapwa at mangurakot?

I really have mixed emotions concerning this. Why let the poor suffer? Bakit palaging sila? Samantalang ang mga tao na nasa kanila na lahat ay patuloy na namamayagpag sa buhay. They have all the material things in this world and still remained unharmed? I can`t believe i have all this questions welling up inside me. Am i just missing the whole point of what life and the will of God is all about?

This kind of thinking didn`t leave me as I go through our family`s wardrobe and sorting out things, anything that could be of help to our brethren in Bicol. Sa ngayon mga kapatid, wala po tayong UPC churches na nakatayo sa Bicol, na-wash out lahat......mabuti na lang nailigtas nila ang mga buhay nila but minus mga ari-arian. We have one member in our church that has all of his family live at the foot of mayon volcano. Two of his brothers were victim sa flash mud flood na galing sa bulkan. Ang isa namatay dahil nalibing ng buhay, at ang isa ay naanod sa baha. Marami pa siyang mga kamag-anak na missing hanggang ngayon. But i doubt if they`re still alive below the ground hanggang ngayon? Ang iba, fled with their lives, nothing but themselves and dala-dala nila. Ang munting barrio nila ay totally erased from the map.... napalitan ng ilog at tubig at lahar.. I often ask myself, what future awaits them? Lord, please comfort them.........

I want to help. But how? Words of encouragement seems not suitable at this moment. I want to give them some warm. The point is, i hope people feels the same way that I do and extend a helping hand....`wag magkibit balikat at parang walang pakialam sa mga nangyayari sa paligid nila. Here`s an opportunity to serve....... please don`t just exist!!

Speaking of missing the point na naman..... Just now, our neighbor`s helpers knock at our gate saying their "amo" is asking for our phone number. Magrereklamo na naman ito tungkol sa ingay natin every church service. The last time na nagreklamo siya, we explain that we would not tone down our voices in worship because we believe in shouting and making loud noise when we worship God. I don`t know if she understands........some people only consider things if it concern them, their culture and nothing more. I again wonder, what would be her end if she`ll continue to persecute God`s people?

I often like to read halfway through a book and then take a quick peek at the last chapter to find out how the story i am reading would end. I can`t wait to know whether or not the book ends happily. To us who reads and know the contents of the Bible...... we know that its not always happily ended to everyone. Some gain the blessedness of the holy city, others into eternal damnation. Others receive the gift, others receive the curse....... It`s only our belief in Jesus Christ that would make the difference.

About that neighbor, I want to tell her this is an issue about life and God and she`s missing the whole point...

ok, i`m going further and further. I still have sorting outs to do. And I again have this nasty allergy. Hinihika na naman ako!! Namumula at masakit na ang ilong ko sa kapupunas!! But now is the time to let go of my favorite clothes that`s been in its hiding place for so long.... At least, they now have its purpose......

Lord, me too, help me live my life with a purpose. Please don`t ever make me miss the point why you have created me, and why I am here.... pls. pls. Lord!!

so, that`s exactly the point guys!!!

ate gie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing that post mom..It stuck to me. Maraming salamat talaga po.