Thursday, April 06, 2006

golden years...



to start with, i wanna say i`m kinda lazy to blog lately. My mind just won`t work. Oftentimes, i am like that. I could blame it on stress. Being a full time homemaker, we run around like rats in a maze, we are sure to meet up with stress anytime during the day... ( hindi naman ganun ka-busy, lol). The problem with stress is that it`s not a pretty thing. Literally, it causes you to not only feel tired but look tired as well. It is a seemingly inevitable part of our daily lives. But yes, i make sure i give myself plenty of break and engrossed myself with a good book or christian magazines every once in a while and.... don`t be surprised, watching one or two of my favorite telenovelas. Believe me it goes far in helping me in keeping my sanity, haha!

Today is my day......my birthday!! i never felt so old in my life. I`m past my golden years. All day our house phone keeps ringing from brethren in church, loveones and friends giving and extending heartfelt greetings. I feel so loved....thankful for friends and relatives warming my heart in such day as this....Everybody asked "where`s the party". Sabi ko, hindi na uso yan ngayon kasi patanda na, hehehe!! For everyone to know, i would only like to have a quiet dinner with my hubby and children and our other housemates like jeff and dondon. I am cooking my sons (especially dave) favorite "ulam", the ever living fried chicken....kahit isang taon, araw-araw, yan ang ulam ni dave, okey na!!. To complete the night, black forest and ice cream..... I`m a little girl once more.....

There`s not really much to say. Today, i`ve been reading an article about depression. I`m so much encouraged. Part of it, i wanna share to you: Oftentimes, depression makes us feel like we are falling, feel like being turned upside down, we feel like being forsaken and worthless. Seemed we are engulfed with unspeakable loneliness and self-pity. Our positive spiritual perspective about God will be distorted. We`re being tempted to focus on our failures and magnify our weaknesses. Many times our journey to the valley of depression will come without prior notice. Most of the time it will come in such a hurry that we will have no time to pack up our supply of revivals, bundle of joys and encouragements and power from prayer and fasting. We will have no time to pack up our storage of memory verses and package of inspiration from many books and references.. We will come to this valley with our flesh and blood alone. God does not dispense strenght and encouragement like a druggist fills your prescription. In this valley the Lord does not promise to give us something to take so that we can handle our weary moments. He simply promised us to make Himself available.

That`s all. That`s enough.... Praise God!!... that really blest me......please read Psalms 23:4. I believe I got my words of encouragement from the Lord today.......in this my special day. And for me, its the best gift i received today......No one could do it like my JESUS can!! see you all loveones.... i really miss everyone. Let me say this again... I LOVE YOU PATTSCLAN..

No comments: