Wednesday, August 08, 2007

on being a mom

somebody sent me this message through text this morning, who ever she is, her number is not in my phone book but i would like to share the message..

" a mom is God`s love in action. She looks with her heart and feels with her eyes. A mom is the bank where her children deposit all their worries and hurts and withdraws strenght and love. She is the cement that keeps her family together and her love lasts a lifetime".

its true. From a mother`s point of view it`s true in the truest essence of the word. I`m glad that God supplied us moms with all the love in the world for our children, a love that demands nothing in return, pure, unconditional love! Everytime i approach God in prayer, I ask HIm to protect my children, plead the blood of Jesus to keep them from anything that can harm, not just physically..... but from perils that would take them away from walking in the will of God...

These words from a song is true and very touching. That a mother`s love is.... "faithful always trusting. It can stand the test of time". Endures through all, in good and bad repute. In the face of adversities, the world`s condemnation, a mother still lives on, and still hope that her child may turn from his evil ways, and repent; still she remembers the infant smile that once filled her bosom with rapture, the merry laugh, the joyful shout of his/her childhood, the opening of promise of his youth: and she can never be brought to think him all unworthy...... what a love!!

Being a mom is a joy. It`s not something that we should merely endure. We are missing out on so many precious moments and blessings if we choose to merely endure our children until they grow up.

I know I am far from perfect. I have so many flaws. I will fall and make mistakes but I believe that God has called me "to be a mom", to the children He has entrusted me with. I thank Him for allowing me to take this noble task to be one.
My children, in their own way have given me joy and fulfillment. They have made me a better person - someone I could never be without their love and respect in return.

I pray that I will always look as good in the eyes of my children as they also look into mine. "Fit me oh Lord, to love and be loved and be imitated by my children....


I guess that`s it for now..... i just feel my being a mother today!!

No comments: