Saturday, January 12, 2008

another journey....



It`s been over a week ago since i last posted. it seemed days are more faster now. They passed me by so swiftly. where have they gone?

To recap, it was charis` birthday last monday (January 7). He didn`t want any big fuss about it. We just had it simple and quite. We managed to make him blow his cake at 11:30 almost midnight, a very late one as you can see and supposed to be a birthday dinner!!! My boy is now an adult. Pede nang magkaroon ng sariling pamilya. Where has my little boy gone?. The one who always has that big, innocent smile, jumping up and down with excitement everytime balloons and cake are present on his birthday...

just realized, i am now a mom to adults.

it`s a new journey for me. another phase of my life, and i am achingly learning and accepting to myself what that means.

I will never have those little boys back who love to hug and sit with me whenever i rested from a tiring day.

i will never have them who needed me to help with their assignments in school that was due the next day... and shouting, "mommm, i`m home" at the top of their voice upon coming home from school at the end of the day.

those little boys who love to tag along with me to the malls asking if i could buy things for them...grinning in sheer joy upon acquiring a toy and some simple things they asked.

what i have now are adult children who are responsible, independents, who have thoughts and mind of their own...

maybe that is why the sadness that welcomes me every morning... i miss those days...... i miss my little boys. lol. I was always a part of their days even their thoughts. Those times when their life were wrapped around mine and mine theirs... Now, everything they do are directed to the things they need to accomplish for themselves and for their future... and me, simply in the background. Not the main character anymore....

But i will not continue to dwell upon my sorrow...... but on so many comforting thoughts.

yes, they are that way now because of all the hours and hours hubby and I spent with them, molding, teaching and nurturing them. Now its time to step back and be the mom of these adults, huh?

It feels good to reminisce for with them are many treasured memories. But perhaps its now time to concentrate in looking forward to the new adventure with my adult children instead of always looking back at what we were and what they were.

I wish all the dreams they are building for themselves will all come true. This is my desire for them with every fiber in me.... I wish my kids all the happiness they deserve to have. God, you know this is my prayer..

When all good success be acquired, then i could say, my past days were well accounted for.

No comments: