Thursday, March 12, 2009

my 54th year!











I must say again the years ticked by so fast! I see it in how quickly our children have grown.. and how our physical bodies are showing the test of time much more the wear and tear of life. When i woke up this morning and stared back at my reflection in the mirror I realized the lines under my eyes and lines at the sides of my nose....... are they wrinkles? such unwelcome, frightening word to face....but no, as i observed keenly they are not wrinkles, but laugh lines. They appear when i smile and yes i have plenty of them... In all of my 54 years, despite the struggles and cares of life, there have been so much laughter and joyfulness. It is different when you live a life in Christ. It is always with a purpose and meaning.

Problems are frequent and many. There are bad times. Sometimes lonely days - pero mas maraming masasaya, lalo na kapag iniyak mo na sa Panginoon. i know God allows us to go through phases of life for us to understand his intentions for us and see the blessings that can come if we work through the good and bad times of our life, showing us "how"down the road.

I want to tell God today that i choose to always turn to Him for strenght, to give Him glory in the good and bad, praising Him for many fulfilled promises. Oh how good God is to me...
Now as i celebrate my 54th birthday i want to thank Him for these things i listed below:

l) my family - my husband who is my bestfriend, companion in life. who loves me dearly and letting me feel i am always young and beautiful..

2) my children. Dave & Jhoy, charis, verniel.These boys are the joy of my life, my inspiration, my treasure. I thank God for what they have become. How they love the Lord and live to please Him in all that they do...

3) my church (HCJC). our family in the kingdom of God. Every saint is a testimony of the goodness and faithfulness of God. They are one of the reasons why we determine to live a life of purpose in God.

4) pattsclan. my beloved family. my christian, apostolic heritage. You are far, yet so near. Each one of you is in my heart..I always mention each one of you to God in my prayers.... My mom, i will always love you. papa, i will forever miss and love you dearly.

Its my birthday in four days. I just feel i should write these words. I am always grateful for the strength He constantly give me and my loveones...

Thank you Jesus for letting me live a full life with you and all the people I love. Grant me Lord many more years..........good, fruitful ones...

No comments: