Sunday, February 13, 2011

through it all - 30 years of God`s faithfulness

i`ve had so many tears and sorrows
i`ve had questions about tomorrow
there been times when i didn`t know right from wrong
but in every situation, God gives blessed consolation
that my trials were only meant to make me strong...

i thank God for the mountains
and i thank Him for the valleys
i thank Him for the storms He`s brought me through
for in my lonely hours, yes those precious lonely hours
Jesus let me know that i was His own...

through it all, through it all
i`ve learned to trust in Jesus
i`ve learned to trust in God
through it all, through it all
i`ve learned to depend upon His Word..
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

yes, these are lyrics from a song that i memorized by heart. My sister glo and I used to sing this when we were younger, would readily do so when asked to sing in church services. Now as i go back memory lanes, 30 years ago when my husband and I started out our life in the ministry, pioneering a church in Tondo, Manila, both young and so inexperienced, we were afraid of what the future hold for us. We had nothing - only the promises of God that He would not forsake us and would see us through. The words of this song relates to us and been fulfilled in every situation that we were in... Yes He`s been FAITHFUL through the years! Now as i look back, my heart is full and tears just wanted to fall everytime i think about those times, i thank JESUS for how He has kept us through all the struggles!

I thank Him for every victory, the "beauty" He gave in every stages of our life and the faith that has not been moved. Thank you Lord for filling my heart with faith so that fear and doubt will have no room in my heart tho` many times the enemy tried his best to make me feel afraid.....

Thank you Lord for through it all, it has been 30 years of your faithfulness!

( I am encourage to write this for in 7 days, it will be the 30th year anniversary of that church - HCJC)

1 comment:

Kai said...

Happy Anniversary! What an encouragement Ate!