Wednesday, January 18, 2012

changes ( for the better)

After the most memorable reunion of pattsclan in Bohol, the family flown and gathered in Laguna (my siblings rented a big house, nearly a mansion..:D) and there celebrated new year`s eve together, although some members of the clan were not able to join us but those of us who were present, did have fabulous and joyful moments. Such wonderful feeling of togetherness. I felt as though the world is also celebrating the festivity with us even how simple it all was. There was lightness of spirit among us as we all together welcome the year 2012. While the night drifted away unto the new year we made our piece of noises, being our own crazy selves, but the best part, accepting and loving one another - we had our moments of fun.

But like all others it has to end.. I woke up from a nap one afternoon feeling heavy with sadness and can`t help it but to permit myself to cry to my heart`s content like a little girl looking for her dear mother who has abandoned her. It was "change". I am so caught unaware.

Nakakalungkot lang...biglang nag-uwian lahat..isa-isang umuwi with their family to their respective homes far away. ( years na naman bago magkita-kita).. It was also during this time that my son, dave left for the States to fulfill God`s calling to minister in a church in Ohio.. I realized he would be gone for a long time and maybe would decide to make that place his permanent home... I just felt so empty in my nest, and was it pain that rested in my heart?

This part of parenthood has finally arrived for me. I want to reach out and continue holding on to these people i love so dearly. Keeping them near all the time, but i know i can`t do that now...I would have to let go and let this changing world to lead us and taking the reigns of time. That`s what life is all about. To part from loveones is difficult and painful but we have our lives to live now, hard to admit, our own separate ways. This is part of how the world and this life we have will submit to change. My consolation is God will not let changes hold us for the worst but for the better. This is His promise to those who continue to trust and love Him.

I am constantly reminded that through all the changes in life, God remains unchanged. He never changes and His promises remains forever true! I will continue to rest in His Word for I know through thick and thin He`s always with me..

Isaiah 46:6 "Even to your old age and grey hairs I am He; I am He who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you. I will sustain you and I will rescue you!

Thank you Lord!










1 comment:

lenpatts said...

Hello ate. Enjoyed reading your entry. Kami din had to adjust. Hiram! I treasure every moments sa reunion. Can't wait for the next one.