Thursday, October 30, 2008

a mom`s emotion...


such a fast life we have!! Lo and behold we`re again at the end of another month, and i felt i have accomplished very little. Heaps of task still needs to be done. This week the sister who does my laundry is sick and her only son who gives me a hand around the house and church have to go home and care for her. Salamat na lang andito si teting para tumulong, but still the house is quiet. He`ll have to go back to school next week and i could just see i would have a more quieter sorrounding and an almost empty house...... it gives me the nuts...

We are still in the preparations over dave`s wedding. I made several trips to divisoria for reasons you all know why, lol. I hope the invitation cards would be completed and be sent away soon to people before december steps in. That month will be a very busy month and people`s activities are focus on the holidays. Some of dave and jhoy`s friends who are abroad are planning to come and attend the wedding and if the thing would reach them on time, they could have ample time in preparing... you know, ticket reservations, schedules, etc.

as a mom i am in a dazed. I dont know if its about the short period of time to prepare for the wedding or my soon coming empty nest with my eldest son, Dave. I am very sure that Jhoy will be a wonderful partner for him, to care, be a suitable helpmeet in his ministry. I could see how supportive she is to him and imagined them with bright future together, i am pre-grieving the departure already. Most days are good but i do get washed over with emotions and memories and i wonder why i had to give up my kids to be adults. I can`t help looking back on their childhood with great fondness and wish they will remain with me forever.... (such selfish thoughts...... but moms could be unreasonable sometimes, hehehe). Can you blame me?

To be honest, there`s sadness everytime i wake up knowing my second child will also soon follow his "kuya" and would have a life of his own outside my nest..... well, i still have "bunso" with me ( long way to go) and hubby - its not that lonely as i thought it will be...

For now, i thank God for always showing me the sunshine on my rainy days. I will continue to count my blessings. Glory to His Name.... He is so, so good!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mom

Don't worry. You're not going to lose us. We're just adding some new people into our family. :-)

Love you mom.
You're the best there is!

Given a chance to be born a second time, I would still choose you as my mom a thousand times over.