Monday, June 12, 2006

busyness

i think it`s officially rainy season in our part of the globe now. We get heavy rains almost every night, occassional typhoons.......but i just wonder why its still so, so humid hot during the day, afternoon the hottest. well, i gotta keep it always in mind i`m in the philippines!!!

today is one of those hectic days. I woke up earlier than usual. Hubby and me have this very important appointment with some special people. I prepared him something presentable outfit to wear, para pa-impress naman di ba? Pinalantsa ko at naka-hanger, sabi ko isabit na lang sa kotse pagdating namin doon saka na lang niya isusuot. We were such in a hurry, mumbled a short prayer then off we go. Halos paliparin namin ang kotse. Sure enough when we reach our meeting place those people are already there `cause we spotted their car parked outside our building. Hubby is in his undershirt, so isusuot na lang niya ang longsleeves with matching tie pa......but alas, asan na?? hinanap namin, then realized hindi namin nadala sa pagmamadali!!! Pwede na sana yong pangloob niya, kaso may butas sa may kili-kili...ano ba yan. ...medyo sira na ang araw ko!! mabuti na lang may lumang t-shirt na naka-stock sa kotse ng matagal na, medyo marumi na nga pero mabuti na lang yon kay sa wala.....hayun!!!

Life is quite pleasant if left alone in its simplicity, you think so? But it is usually late when we learn this. We find out we always make it so complicated.....hayyyy busyness!!! Seems everybody we meet and come in contact with these days is busy. Try asking somebody how they are and the reply is nearly always "i`m busy". It is as though there`s something wrong with you if you`re not busy. It means you`re not in, not updated with the flow and demands of our present time. If you see it, it seems there are just too much to do and oftentimes just because other people are influenced by this busy spirit we allow ourselves to be affected. How can we avoid being stressed and coming out of that place of rest in God?

I have to be honest, i`m not lovable and attractive type when i`m in stress. Although i grade myself a better person now than I used to be, i`m still constantly working on myself. Kapag maraming ginagawa, at pagod na, ayan na - irritable and freaked out na (excuse the words) and when in this mood, careless words would start coming out and because my loveones are the ones being there, sila ang nasasaktan ko. I know this is not right. It marred my relationship with them especially hubby and it`s not that easy to sort out each mess i have created. Most importantly, its one subtle hindrance with my relationship with God. For He seems so far away.
But i know He has not moved - i have. I have moved from that place of childlike faith and trust that He is in control of everything and that according to Ephesians 1:11 "He worketh all things after the counsel of His own will".

All i really needed to do is finding that time and place of rest in God`s presence. Kneeling in prayer any time of the day. May it be early in the morning, or noon, at night.......... in the midst of the battles and struggles .....of life. I know that no matter how busy and occupied i become i needed to slow down and take time to escape to be where the presence of God is.

As I kneel down and relaxed in prayer, relief washed over me in a flood. I could feel His arms of love around me. Joy and peace flooded my soul. Once more, God is in control.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Te gie,sa mga ganyang instances madali din akong mairita, pati aso namin nakakatikim ng sermon...lolz.Pero you're right sometimes we make life complicated, it seems everything are ruined and fall off the edge if things not happen the way we want to then we realized that it's not that important naman pala at pinalaki pa ang issue. Magaling ako diyan, magpalaki ng issue...hahahaha to justify my action, bad, bad, bad...lol but I learned a great lesson about battling my own war within myself dahil minsan there are somethings that are meant to last for a purpose.

Anyways, hope you're feeling a lot better now. Talk to you soon.

I miss the storm there.